Multimedia and Press
The U.S.-Israel Business Initiative holds regular events and forums on cutting-edge developments to enable stakeholders from the private sector, U.S. and Israeli government officials, and leading experts to interact and discuss U.S.-Israel commercial issues. The initiative hosts networking activities such as dinners with top Israeli and U.S. government officials, business development programs, and policy roundtables. Follow this link for a summary of program highlights.
Event Photo Galleries
June 22, 2012: Natural Gas Can Deepen U.S.-Israel Commercial Ties
Israel recently discovered world-class natural gas reserves off its coast, presenting a range of new possibilities for the country – economic, strategic, and political. This news presents the nation with an opportunity to strengthen its energy sector while introducing a new revenue stream. Since Israel does not have the infrastructure in place yet to access and refine its natural gas resources, it has turned to U.S. private sector expertise.
March 28, 2012: U.S. Chamber Leads Life Sciences Business Mission to Israel, Including Meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu
The United States and Israel enjoy a growing commercial relationship grounded in drawing upon the innovative expertise of each of our countries. Israel’s growing life sciences industry offers an exciting new vista for deepening this relationship. When the Office of the Chief Scientist of Israel announced the creation of a new program for foreign multinational life science companies to encourage and support research and development activities in Israel, we knew that we could assemble a strong contingent of American companies looking for opportunities to enhance the bilateral commercial relationship.
February 21, 2012: Israel to Welcome Life Sciences Business Delegation to Encourage U.S. Investment
Last month the Government of Israel announced a new program for foreign multinational life sciences companies to encourage and to support R&D activities in Israel. Given our U.S.-Israel Business Initiative’s (USIBI) upcoming Life Sciences Mission to Israel, the timing could not be better.
December 2, 2011: How We Can Turn U.S.-Israeli Ties Into Jobs
When people think about the U.S.-Israel relationship, it is often seen through the narrow lens of political and security considerations. This assessment couldn’t be any further off the mark. In addition to political and security considerations, what draws our two countries together are our underlying economic and cultural ties, the thousands of untold stories of the day-to-day interactions between our citizens
September 27, 2011: Different Problems, Same Approach: The Private Sector is Key
The U.S.-Israel Business Initiative hosted Israeli Finance Minister Dr. Yuval Steinitz for a luncheon attended by corporate and government representatives. Dr. Steinitz’s message was clear: Israel is committed to expanding its already robust economic partnerships with the United States.
Latest Media Coverage
- Times of Israel: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Offers Israel Energy Assistance
- Mar 20 Myron A. Brililant in The Hill: US and Israel: Creating Jobs Together
- Homeland Security Today: US Chamber Leads National Security Trade Delegation To Israel
- NHIN Watch - Around the World and Back Again: The Journey toward Innovation in Care
- Jerusalem Post - U.S. Life-Science Companies Explore Israel Cooperation
- CNBC – U.S. Firms Seek Life-Sciences Opportunities in Israel
- Globes – Top US Life Sciences Execs in Israel
- Press Release – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Leads First Business Delegation to Israel
- Free Enterprise Blog – U.S. Chamber Leads Life Sciences Business Mission to Israel, Including Meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu
- National Chamber Foundation – A Look at How Israel Invests in Innovation